Coaching to Build Capability:
Many leaders and managers do not see themselves as coaches, however they do want to develop the skill sets to be able to unleash potential in their organization.
The objective of this workshop is to provide you with the practical skills to build capability in your team. The style is experiential, highly interactive and uses accelerated learning techniques. Throughout, the focus is on real-life examples and “learning by doing” so that learning is achieved through insightful peer and facilitator feedback.
The development is especially suitable for:
- Leaders and managers who want to develop a coaching style of leadership;
- Leaders implementing organizational change;
- HR and Learning and Development professionals looking to retain and develop talent or build the coaching capability within their organization.
This two-day module introduces participants to the principles and practice of high performance coaching. They will develop valuable new influence and critical thinking skills, tools and behaviours that are at the heart of effective coaching and skill transference. They will also explore and gain a deep understanding of the change process. We tailor the programme to meet the needs of the individual and their organisation.
The agenda will address:
- Understanding our own potential bias and blind spots
- How to diagnose training/development requirements
- Using the GROW Model to understand how the coaching process works
- Using receptive influence skills to build trusting relationships and a safe environment
- Developing “second person” active listening to improve communication and clarity
- Using the C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. model of inquiry to empower and give ownership to reports
- Becoming more effective at communicating and enabling change and inspiring high performance
- Understanding how to Align objectives and get Engagement
- Getting the best from people who are underperforming
- Energizing and building confidence in reports